In modern construction, building materials are especially popular, with the use of which buildings are erected in a much shorter time.. These are materials that meet all modern technical requirements, as well as environmental, economic and fire resistance requirements. In this regard, modern polystyrene concrete that meets all regulatory requirements is very popular. Many experts in this field promise him a great future..
Polystyrene concrete belongs to the class of lightweight concrete. It includes the following materials: Portland cement, quartz sand. This also includes heat-insulating filler, modifying additives, setting accelerator and plasticizers, ash. Some special air entraining additives are also added. Polystyrene granules have a high level of thermal insulation. In combination with concrete, they are excellent for sound and heat insulation, as well as good fire protection. The presence of such unique properties of polystyrene concrete gives the correct ratio of concrete and polystyrene granules. Concrete protects polystyrene granules from weathering and fire.
If we list the advantages of polystyrene concrete, the following picture emerges..
1. Polystyrene concrete has the lowest thermal conductivity in comparison with other materials.
2. It has low cost.
3. Material consumption decreases.
4. The solution is saved by 70%.
5. Glue laying makes it possible to obtain an interblock seam of 2-3 mm.
6. Large block sizes simplify laying, which speeds up the construction of wall structures by 10 times.
7. There is savings in handling.
8. The usable area of the room is increased due to the minimum thickness of the outer walls.
9. Blocks made of polystyrene concrete are easy to saw, and it is very easy to give them any geometric shape..
10. Any finishing of their surface and application of textured surfaces is possible.
11. The frost resistance of polystyrene is high, it can be used at temperatures ranging from -60 to + 70 degrees Celsius..
12. Due to its lightness, the load on the foundation is reduced, which makes it possible to erect buildings in difficult geological and engineering conditions.
13. Polystyrene concrete is an environmentally friendly material, it does not harm not only the natural environment, but also human health.
Polystyrene concrete wall blocks are used not only for the construction of the walls of the structure. Internal partitions of them are excellent for sound insulation. They are used for floor and roof insulation. Wall blocks made of polystyrene concrete reduce the weight of the structure, increase the heat-insulating and sound-insulating properties of the erected building, construction costs are significantly reduced, ease of installation leads to a decrease in labor costs. The service life of polystyrene concrete reaches 100 years.
Comparative characteristics of polystyrene concrete speak only of its advantages. It is 20% stronger than foam concrete and gas silicate. Low moisture content leads to the fact that it is not subject to decay, is sufficiently resistant to stretching and bending, and its thermal conductivity and frost resistance allow installing industrial equipment on a layer of polystyrene concrete.
It should be noted that load-bearing walls made of this material are erected no higher than 3 floors. Polystyrene concrete structures can be made of various shapes, even directly at the construction site. When laying walls, polystyrene blocks are connected with a special glue, a solution with a composition of cement, water, expanded polystyrene and additives. When carrying out finishing work, you can use a cement-sand mortar, which performs protective and decorative functions. Exterior walls are covered with brickwork or other type of finish.
After studying the basic principles and directions of application of polystyrene concrete, the conclusion suggests itself: there is no better material for thermal insulation of ceilings, walls and roofs. It is also used when laying monolithic prefabricated walls, as a facade insulation material and in other areas. To use this material in roof insulation, especially flat roofs, it is imperative that there is a drain for water. A drainage of water is essential to avoid getting it onto this building material. Polystyrene concrete has a very high degree of water absorption, like expanded polystyrene, which reaches 900% by volume, but direct ingress of water on it is undesirable.
Polystyrene concrete is produced in accordance with the relevant regulations, which are regulated in various regulatory documents. GOST R 51253-99 is used, which determines the scope of its application, both in residential and civil construction. Excellent qualities and make it possible to widely use polystyrene concrete in construction, and its use in all areas is increasingly expanding.